Canyon applies a fundamental, value-oriented investment approach across a broad spectrum of asset classes, including corporate credit, equities, and securitized products. We focus our investments on securities characterized by complexity, transitioning buyer bases, events, restructurings, and other forms of disruption that can disconnect prices from fundamental value.
We maintain a broad menu of investment options and seek to invest in a flexible and unconstrained manner, taking advantage of structural inefficiencies to create wealth for our investors. Experience across a broad array of industries, geographies, and types of securities enables us to assemble a diverse portfolio of assets with different drivers of risk and return.
These vehicles invest in an unconstrained fashion:
- Across the corporate capital structure (from senior secured loans to high yield bonds, convertibles, equities and credit derivatives)
- Across the quality spectrum (from investment grade to defaulted/unrated debt)
- Beyond the corporate sphere to all manner of structured products (mortgage securities, aircraft securitizations, distressed municipal debt, CLOs, etc.)
- On a global basis (with an emphasis on the U.S. and Western Europe)
- With little to no leverage